Monday, January 3, 2011

Editors ...

Currently, my second book - sequel to the as-yet unpublished first book, and precursor to the as-yet unfinished third book I am procrastinating on at this very moment - is being edited by my Mother and her artillery of purple hilighters.

To say that I am scared is beyond reasonable.

However there is something to be said about in-house (har har, literally) editors. She asks questions where I took things for granted, she pushes me to write "better" - and even when she bitches about the swearing, sex and violence, she does it with a literary take in mind.

Just thought I would mention that.

1 comment:

  1. I just finished the edits on my fourth novel. My mom's pen of choce is Blue.

    It's so nice to have someone close who not only is willing to read your novels, but is also able to offer helpful suggestions.

    Good luck writing :)

    - Amy

    ReplyDelete